The 2016 Buick Encore Safety: Designed to Protect Troy and Dayton Drivers
The 2016 Buick Encore is equipped with abundant safety features that have made it a top pick among Troy and Dayton drivers, as well as experts across the board. With stat-of-the art technology that prevents accidents, and a carefully engineered design to help you walk away if that isn’t possible, the Buick Encore is all about protecting what matters most to you.
Features that Prevent Accidents
From the standard 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes, to the optional front and rear sensor systems, the Encore is engineered to avoid trouble:
- Daytime Running Lamps – Low intensity lights come on when the vehicle’s engine is started to make the Encore more visible.
- Child Security Door Locks – Manually engage the locks and ensure that small passengers can’t accidentally open the door.
- Forward Collision Alert – Camera technology scans the area in front of the vehicle and alerts the driver to possible hazards.
- Front and Rear Park Assist – Front and rear sensors provide audible warnings if the Encore comes too close to obstacles when backing or parking.
- Lane Departure Warning – Sensor and camera technology help to identify traffic lanes and alert the driver when the vehicle is veering out of its lane without activating the turn signal.
- Rear Vision Camera – View the area directly behind the vehicle via the dash-mounted screen when the vehicle is placed in reverse.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert – Radar sensors in the rear of the vehicle scan the area and alert the driver to vehicles approaching from either side while backing.
- Side Blind Zone Alert – Radar sensors monitor the area to the side of the crossover, alerting drivers to approaching vehicles they may not be able to see.
- StabiliTrak – Stability control to help drivers maintain control of the vehicle though the use of sensors that monitor wheel slip and apply appropriate brake pressure where needed.
- Tire Pressure Monitor – Ensure proper tire inflation to improve vehicle handling and stability.
Design Elements that Reduce Accident Severity
The 2016 Buick Encore is equipped with 3-point safety belts at all positions, as well as the LATCH safety system and special child safety provisions, though Buick doesn’t stop there:
- 10 Airbags – Driver and front passenger airbags with passenger sensing system, frontal knee airbags, seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof rail-mounted head-curtain side airbags protect occupants at every position.
- High Strength Steel – The Encore protects through the use of both high-strength and ultra-strength steel in its construction, helping it to keep its share in the event of an impact.
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones – Areas of the vehicle are specially designed to absorb the force of impact, helping the cabin to remain intact in the event of an accident.
- OnStar – When properly equipped, the OnStar service can provide Automatic Crash Notification, which can alert emergency services to your location should you be involved in an accident.
IIHS and NHTSA Safety Ratings
Thanks to all that is has to offer, the 2016 Buick Encore has been well-received by organizations dedicated to keeping drivers safe, and it shows with these high ratings:
- NHTSA – The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awarded the Encore a coveted 5-star overall safety rating.
- IIHS – The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) gave the Encore a “Good” rating – the best it offers – in every category and named it a 2016 Top safety pick.
Surround Yourself with the 2016 Buick Encore Safety Features in Troy and Dayton
The 2016 Buick Encore safety features make commuting between Troy and Dayton worry-free. To learn more, contact Dave Arbogast Buick GMC at 937-552-2930 or visit our showroom at 3540 S County Rd 25A in Troy, OH.