The 2016 Buick Regal Performance Specs Bring an Exhilarating Ride
The 2016 Buick Regal performance specs mark it as different from the other sedans around Troy and Dayton. Features like interactive drive control and intelligent all-wheel drive give the Regal an edge over its competitors, and the raw engine specs promise fun whether on the daily commute, a road trip, or a joyride. When you have to slow down or stop, the available Brembo front brakes bring you a confidence that comes with years of performance braking. With all of these strengths, would you believe that the Regal is still efficient as well?
At the heart of the idea of “performance” is power, and whether you drive the standard Regal with its 2.4L four-cylinder or you upgrade to the turbocharged 2.0L engine, you’ll have plenty of power.
- 2.4L Four-Cylinder Power: This standard in-line four-cylinder engine comes paired to a six-speed automatic transmission and is capable of up to 182 hp and 172 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 2.0L Turbocharged Four-Cylinder: Slim down the engine and add a turbocharger for 259 hp and 295 lb.-ft. of torque; this engine is available with choice of six-speed automatic or six-speed manual on front-wheel drive models.
Performance doesn’t have to come at a price; General Motors engineers have designed both of the Regal’s engines to be as efficient as they are powerful.
- 2.4L Four-Cylinder: Even though this engine delivers 182 hp, it earns up to 31 mpg/highway and 19 mpg/city thanks to the six-speed automatic transmission.
- 2.0L Turbo: Upgrading to the turbocharger and boosting the power has barely any impact on the fuel economy, earning up to 30 mpg/highway and 21 mpg/city on front-wheel drive automatic models. 2016 Buick Regal AWD models earn 27 mpg/highway and 19 mpg/city.
Other Performance Technologies
While most drivers are eager to learn the horsepower, torque, and fuel economy of their vehicles, the 2016 Buick Regal performance specs are impacted by a variety of other features, including
- Interactive Drive Control: Choose from Standard, Sport, or GS mode by pushing a button. Each mode brings different settings to the suspension as well as real-time damping.
- eAssist Technology: The available eAssist system does for fuel economy what Interactive Drive Control does for performance, giving the Regal an advantage at the pump as well.
- Brembo Brakes: The Regal GS has high-performance Brembo front brakes for stopping power that’s been tested on the track.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive: This all-wheel drive system monitors the traction on all four wheels and adjusts as needed to account for any slippage, whether it’s on a winding road or on a snowy street.
Test Drive the 2016 Buick Regal Performance Specs Near Troy and Dayton Today
When looking for a new vehicle, numbers are one of the easiest ways to know if one meets your standards, but looking at the 2016 Buick Regal performance specs is just the start. Dayton and Troy drivers should visit Dave Arbogast Buick GMC at 3540 South County Road 25A in Troy for a test drive. Contact us online or give us a call at 888-919-1635 to schedule your time behind the wheel.