The 2017 Buick Regal Safety Features and Ratings
The 2017 Buick Regal safety features mark it as a smart choice for a new family sedan or someone seeking a dependable, stylish, and safe commuter vehicle around Dayton. Dave Arbogast Buick GMC has the Regal in stock at our dealership in Troy, and while there’s much to be impressed about on this sedan, we want to focus on the advanced safety technologies that join with passive safety features to make this one of the safest sedans in its class.
Features like Bluetooth or a touchscreen interface are nice to have around, but there are few amenities a vehicle needs in the way it needs safety technologies. These standard and available 2017 Buick Regal safety features work to keep you and your passengers safe in the cabin of the sedan, even actively helping to prevent accidents:
- Side Blind Zone Alert: If a vehicle enters the Regal’s blind spot, this available safety feature issues a visual warning to let you know the blind spot is occupied.
- Lane Change Alert: Cars can sneak up on you quickly when changing lanes, and this available feature uses radar to warn you of any vehicles approaching from behind that you may have missed before signaling to change lanes.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: Another radar safety device, this safety feature can detect approaches from as far as 65 feet away on either side, alerting you to a car that could cross your path when backing out of a parking spot or driveway.
- Lane Departure Warning: A front-mounted camera tracks lane markings on the pavement and issues audio and visual warnings if this safety feature senses you are drifting from your lane.
- Forward Collision Alert: Front radar sensors can detect when the Regal is approaching a vehicle too quickly and is likely to collide with it, issuing a audio and visual warnings from the available Forward Collision Alert system.
- Rearview Camera System: Back up with the confidence that the path behind the Regal is clear with the standard rearview camera; just shift into reverse and the camera view is brought up on the display.
These advanced safety features work hand-in-hand with the Regal’s seat belts, airbags, and antilock disc brakes to lead to a safer sedan.
Now that you have an idea of the standard and available safety technologies, you might be wondering how well the Regal actually performs when safety is on the line. These 2017 Buick Regal safety ratings have come from countless crash tests, examining the effectiveness of vehicle safety:
- NHTSA: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reviews the majority of new vehicles and ranks their crashworthiness on a five-star scale. The 2017 Buick Regal earned a Five-Star Overall Vehicle Safety Rating, the highest the organization offers.
- IIHS: The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety performs crash tests and analyzes advanced accident prevention features, awarding vehicles a rating from “Poor” to “Good” in their crash tests. The Regal earned the highest rating, “Good,” in all IIHS crash tests and received a “Superior” Crash Avoidance and Mitigation rating when equipped with the optional forward collision warning system.
Two of the top safety organizations in the auto industry just gave the 2017 Buick Regal safety features their approval; not too many other cars can boast that.
Witness the 2017 Buick Regal Safety Features at Your Leading Troy and Dayton Buick Authority
We hope the 2017 Buick Regal safety features and ratings offered the peace of mind you need to trust it as your next sedan. Whether a stylish commuter car or an elegant family vehicle, the Regal is ready to serve Dayton drivers. Visit Dave Arbogast Buick GMC at 3540 South County Road 25A in Troy to see this spacious, luxurious new sedan in person. Contact us online or give us a call at 888-919-1635 today to schedule a test drive.