2018 Buick Enclave vs. 2018 Ford Explorer
Which Family SUV Will You Choose?
This Buick Enclave vs. Ford Explorer comparison matches up these leading SUVs in important areas like performance, cargo room, and more. Find out which one is better suited for errands throughout Dayton.
- Performance: The Buick Enclave reaches 310 hp thanks to a standard V6 engine, while the Explorer comes standard with a 280 hp 4-cylinder. You’ll also get a strong Buick Enclave mpg rating of 21 mpg combined.
- Ford Explorer vs. Buick Enclave Interior: As a luxury vehicle, the Enclave is better appointed than the Explorer. Expect a leather-trimmed steering wheel and heated front seats for cold Troy mornings.
- SUV Capability: The 2018 Buick Enclave towing capacity reaches up to 5,000 pounds with an available Trailering Package, and the Explorer offers up to 5,000 pounds as well.
- Cargo Volume: The 2018 Buick Enclave offers 23.6/58.0/97.6 cubic feet of cargo space depending on how many seats are folded down. That surpasses the 2018 Ford Explorer in all areas.
Drive the 2018 Buick Enclave Near Dayton
In addition to those key areas, the new Buick Enclave offers a longer lasting bumper-to-bumper and powertrain warranty:
- 2018 Buick Enclave
- Bumper-to-Bumper: 48-month/50,000-mile
- Powertrain: 72-month/70,000-mile
- 2018 Ford Explorer
- Bumper-to-Bumper: 36-month/36,000-mile
- Powertrain: 60-month/60,000-mile
Find out more at Dave Arbogast by comparing the Enclave with leading competitors like the GMC Acadia, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Honda Pilot.