2019 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
When it’s fitted with all the right equipment, the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 is capable of towing up to 12,200 pounds through Troy. Learn more about how the new GMC Sierra towing capacity can aid you on job sites and weekend adventures with the experts at Dave Arbogast.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
With a Double Cab, a 6.2L V8 engine, and the Max Trailering Package, the Sierra 1500 can easily tow as much as 12,200 pounds. This tough pickup is available in a number of styles with varying features and bed/cab sizes that will affect your towing capabilities. Some of these choices include:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
- Trim levels and accessories options
Opting for the Crew Cab will allow you to tow between 6,500 to 12,100 pounds. Or, if you go with the Double Cab, which features a smaller interior, your towing capacity reaches 6,600 to 12,200 pounds.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: Tow more weight with the help of a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, a 220-amp alternator, heavier-duty rear springs, and an enhanced cooling radiator.
- Trailering Camera Package: Changing lanes and reversing with a trailer in tow is simple thanks two side mirror cameras and a trailer-mounted camera.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When you reverse using Hitch view, the Electronic Parking Brake will automatically set when you put the truck in park to avoid rolling.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Manipulate and monitor your trailer brakes through control buttons on the center console.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Depending on which drive mode you select, this system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping.
ProGrade Trailering System
The available ProGrade Trailering System delivers intelligent towing technology that uses high-resolution cameras, your GMC Sierra infotainment display, and integrated smartphone apps to make towing through Dayton and trips to campgrounds near Troy, Ohio a breeze.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Grants drivers access to features like pre-departure checklists, programmable trailer brake settings, Trailer Theft Detection, and more.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Test your trailer lights before heading out to Vandalia, even when you’re alone.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: A dynamic grid line and zoom capability allow for precise hitching on the first try.
Explore the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 at Dave Arbogast
Ready to learn more about the GMC Sierra 1500 technology and features including how to find the right tires? Visit Dave Arbogast near Piqua for a test drive! Our GMC experts will help you find the trim level that suits your budget and job site needs. Contact us with any questions beforehand, and be sure to browse our new vehicle specials!
More from Dave Arbogast
If you’re looking to enhance your Troy drives with a mid-size SUV, the 2021 Buick Enclave will do just the trick. The Enclave is a three-row SUV that offers a maximum of 97.6 cubic feet of cargo room and an array of upscale standard features. Whether you need a larger vehicle for your growing…
Are you looking for an SUV that offers a luxurious driving experience, but still has the performance capabilities you need to get the job done? The 2021 Buick Envision is great for your growing Troy family whether you’re taking the kids to school, or towing the family camper on weekend adventures. But how much can…
If you’re like a lot of our Troy customers, you need a truck that works as hard as you do. So, you may be wondering about the new Ford F-250 towing capacity. Ford trucks are known for their impressive towing capacities, and the 2021 F-250 is no exception. To help you with your research, we’ve…